We have projects going on over here. I mean, do we have projects. Chuck has been working right along on the deck, while Alicia and I have been packing up her stuff, moving, it and reorganizing what’s left behind. I find myself asking again, why do we have so much stuff? I feel a purge coming on.
I also feel the need to revamp everything in the house. Crazy? Maybe. Call it a delayed spring cleaning. With all the other changes going on it just seems fitting to update the half moved into house right along with it. I swear one of these days we will actually settle into this place. Sometime in the next 10 years or so.
All this business has not made much time for food and cooking, the main topic on this blog, so the recipe posts have been lacking. We’ve been eating a lot of pizza and tacos. I forced myself to get together enough for this one though. It’s a simple light summer desert that really hits the spot. With only a handful of ingredients and a little bit of forethought it’s a great dish to make for an adult gathering as well as a quick after dinner treat.
- 1 lb mixed berries of choice
- 1 cup red wine of choice (I used Malbec)
- 1 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- Combine the berries and wine. Cover and set in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Place a metal mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for roughly 10 minutes. Once cold remove from freezer and combine the sugar and cream. Whip continuously until the crema begins to form peaks.
- Portion the berries into separate bowls, and top with the whipped cream. Add a drizzle of the wine used to soak the berries and serve immediately.