It’s been about 6 weeks and I think this whole being a part time vegetarian thing is around to stay. It’s been so easy and I feel so much better that there seems to be no reason not to keep doing it. There were a few times like vacation and camping where it got hard, and I gave in a little, but it’s flexible and that works.
2) I eat some really weird combinations of food. Oh we have some leftover cobbler? Sweet, there’s rice pilaf, and a cucumber left perfect, now let’s toss some dried mango in there and call it lunch.
3) I’m getting 10 x the variety of veggies that I was getting before.
4) Chuck has even decided that it’s ok to eat vegetarian more often, and he doesn’t really complain about it (gasp).
5)Hummus is a new house staple.
6) I have random cravings for chicken nuggets, that’s never happened before, and I’m thinking it might just be a mental reaction to the reduction in processed food in my life, I’m dealing with it.
7) I really like these burgers. I never thought I would go for something like that, but having them in the freezer at work is a lifesaver on days I don’t have lunch made.
8) Our grocery bill has gone down by a few bucks. It’s not a whole ton, but it’s a little, and I will take it because every little bit helps.
When I started this whole Part-Time Vegetarian thing I was already trying to cut back on processed food and grains, so adding in vegetarianism was another step toward finding the diet that best suits me and my life.