I went to my first Barre class a few weeks ago. Let’s just say I was slightly under prepared for the awkwardness, and pain. I figured that I could not be the only one feeling this way so I thought that I’d share the bounty of my wisdom with you all.
- You are going to be on your toes a lot. It’s a wakeup call for your calves!!
- All the moves are done in little tiny pulses. It seems silly but it hurts, during the workout and a few days later. So you know it’s doing something.
- Squats happen a lot so be ready to have trouble going up and down the stairs for the next few days.
- Get used to holding one arm in the air, because you’re trying to be a ballerina here after all.
- Wear basic yoga wear. Formfitting, but breathable clothes are the thing.
- That awkward thigh master from the 90’s shows up in the form of a squishy ball, and it’s still totally awkward.
- You will feel silly picking up 2lb weights but after 100 tiny pulses you will wish it was ½lb weights instead.
- It is not an “easy” day workout, don’t try to fool yourself.
I definitely got a good workout from the class, I mean I was sore for a few days; however the awkwardness factor makes me think I’m going to stick with videos in my own home if I want to do it again. Much like zumba my gangly arms and legs are give me a crazed giraffe look that no one needs to see.