This is a laid back Wine Country, NY Bucket List, focused on fun activities in the Finger Lakes Region of NY.
So if you didn’t know this already Chuck and I are tying the knot in approximately 12 days. It’s pretty exciting. What’s also exciting is the first full week off of work I have had since our trip to Ireland in 2012.
I’m doing a happy dance, yelling “woop, woop!” with my hands in the air right now just fyi.
I have been looking forward to this forreeeeeeeeeveeeeeeerrrrrr.
Seriously though this might be the better than the wedding just a week of Chuck and I, and maybe some Brody cuddles too. Since I can’t stop thinking about this I thought it might be fun to a bucket list of all the stuff I want to do while we are on our honeymoon. The first half of the week we will be in the Finger Lakes region of NY also known as wine country, the later half will be home, or the Adirondacks, we are leaving that part up in the air because why not?
- Sleep late
- Get a massage – we are already scheduled for Sunday night when we arrive !!!
- Drink wine
- Eat decadent, overpriced food
- Howe Caverns – this one is a maybe, it might be more fun to save for when we have some little ones.
- Watkins Glen – This is a must.
- Cornell’s Botanical Gardens – I’ve actually already been, but if we are looking for something to do it would be worth another trip. It’s beautiful.
- Waterfalls – I’ve already seen a few but this region is full of them so I’d like to check out a few more Cascadilla Gorge is one of them.
- Do a Wine Trail
- Hit up a farm/farmers market/stand – these are plentiful but since we will be there during the week I’ll take whatever we happen to come across
And there you have it a list of everything I would like to do while we are in wine country. This list is pretty laid back and negotiable since to me the most important thing is to relax and enjoy this time with Chuck.
Do you have any great wine country ideas? Let me know I’m definitely interested in more ideas!