This is a simple and healthy recipe for breaded chicken as well as instructions on how to freezer and re heat it for last minute weekly meals.
Sometimes I just don’t have the time to cook a wholesome dinner from scratch. Other times I simply don’t have the energy, and while take out pizza is always a great alternative we are trying desperately here to save our pennies (for that house!), and get a little healthier (for that wedding!).
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs and spices in a large shallow dish and set aside.
- On a cutting board place one hand on top of a single chicken breast. Carefully slice the meat horizontally midway up the chicken, cutting almost to the other side. Open it like a book and finish cutting it through. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the chicken and working from the center out begin to pound the chicken with the smooth side of a mallet until it is about ¼ inch thick. Repeat this process with the remaining chicken.
- Brush the chicken with butter and dredge in the bread crumbs until well coated.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and bake for another 10 minutes until cooked through.
- To Freeze: Remove from heat and let cool until room temperature. Freeze on a flat sheet tray without touching for about 30 minutes. Remove from tray and place into a large freezer bag and return to the freezer.
- Dip them in Honey Mustard, or another favorite dip
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Salad
- Chicken alfredo
- BBQ or Buffalo chicken sandwich or wrap
- Bacon Ranch Sandwich
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Pizza toppings
- Quick Chicken & Waffles
Got another suggestion? Lets hear it in the comments! I’ve got a ton of these so I’d love to try something new with them.