Smoked Cheddar Mac & Cheese is a unique take on a classic that is perfect for any fall event.
A fair warning very few of these recipes are any good for you at all, but that’s not exactly the goal here either. So remember to indulge sparingly and share a lot with them.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¾ lb (12oz) Smoked Cheddar, grated
- ¼ cup heavy Cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 6 oz container crispy onions, crushed
- ½ lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large thick bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter and whisk in flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken, whisking continually.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in cream, milk and smoked cheddar. Cook, stirring continuously until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in the pasta, ensuring that it all gets coated.
- Add half the sharp cheddar and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and top with cheddar, bacon and onions.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the cheese has melted, and browned. Serve immediately.