St. Patricks day is around the corner, and like most Americans, we are going to be having corned beef and cabbage. Personally, I love corned beef and cabbage, but what I truly look forward too is the leftovers. A leftover corned beef Rueben is that messy delicious sandwich that really hits the sweet spot for me.
I mean let’s be serious who doesn’t love a saucy, cheesy, messy sandwich? Or maybe it’s just the Russian dressing? I always use my gram’s homemade version and its basically amazing.
When I heard that Old World Naturals was selling sliced corned beef I knew I wanted to make a mini version of one of my favorite sandwiches. Leftover corned beef is kind of hard to make a mini, but this sliced version is so much easier to work with. It also packs quite a punch for flavor. If we are being honest I don’t often buy deli meat, but Old World Naturals is not like most deli meat companies, and it’s one that I’m proud to work with.
This recipe starts with some bite size toasted dark rye bread. The toasted rye is then layered with sauerkruat, Russian dressing, Old World Naturals Un-curred Corned Beef. It’s finally topped with some sliced swiss cheese. Then placed in the oven at 425 for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and browned slightly.
Does it get any more simple than that? The best part is that because it’s bite-sized it’s not where near as messy as the original sandwich. This way you don’t have to feel like your handing your guests a shirt stain waiting to happen. Just pick up and pop in your mouth. Done.
Easy Reuben Bites
- 5 large slices dark rye bread but into 4ths
- 1 cup pre-made sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup Russian dressing
- 1 lb Old World Naturals Un-curred Corned Beef.
- 1/4 lb swiss cheese sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the bread pieces on a large baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until the bread is toasted.
- Remove from the heat and layer with sauerkruat, Russian dressing, Corned Beef, and swiss cheese.
- Place in the oven at 425 for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and browned slightly.
- Serve immediately.